Monday, April 19, 2010

Crash into me [and I'll come into you]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7in-9E3ImQ

One of the Dave Matthews Band's best and most popular songs is called Crash into Me. It's cute how many people think it is a love song, because it really isn't. As my cousin finely put it one day, "It's a stalker song!" and he's quite right: if you listen closely to the lyrics, you might realize that it is totally voyeuristic. In the VH1 Soundstage, Dave Matthews himself admitted this. It's about a guy who is crazy about this girl, watches and fantasizes about her.

Don't believe me? Think about these lyrics:
"Hike up your skirt a little more and show your world to me
A boy's dream...a boy's dream
I watch you there through the window and I stare
As you wear nothing but you wear it so well
Tied up and twisted the way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash into me"

Hmm...only a little bit creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment